Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fourth Grade Wisdom

So I stumbled on a journal-thing I was forced to write in 4th grade, one of those "answer the question on the board every day" things, I think. It's full of stickers. And embarrassingly bad grammar, unreadable cursive and horrible spelling.

And surprising wisdom! Hello nine year old self, how weird are you?

Lemme toss some quotes at you, and I'll even leave in the spelling errors for authenticity.

"I wouldn't like to live to be 100 years old because I think life would be misrebale"
(Really, the orange smiley face next to it just makes it.)

"When I grow up I want to be a paleantologist because I think dinosaurs are cool."
(I wanted to be a paleontologist from kindergarten to like... seventh grade, not even kidding.)

"I don't like to watch or play any sport because I don't like sports."

"I think 20 years from now, I would be studying animals in the jungle."
(I've got ten years to make that happen, nine year old self... I'll try not to let you down!)

"If I could take a voyage to space I would hope to see aliens, spaceships, and all of the planets because I would want to have a big adventure in space."
(Yes, all was underlined. ALL of the planets! And I think I used some form of the word adventure at least five times in my entries.)

"The good thing about being able to fly is you could go wherever you wanted. The bad thing is if somebody saw you flying everybody would try to catch you to make money."

"If all the clocks in the world started going backwards nobody would know what time it was."
...Well, I can't argue with that logic!

"I am willing to save my money so I could get, "Street Jets" because they're shoes that can turn into skates."
Mini-me totally has her priorities straight. Roller-skate shoes, man!

"My resolution for 2002 is to keep my room clean."
Ah hah.. ah hah... haaaaah...

No comments:

Post a Comment